Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thine is the Kingdom.

[through many dangers, toils and snares
i have already come
'tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home


the Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
as long as life endures


yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail
and mortal life shall cease
i shall possess within the veil
a life of joy and peace
]


[i will not boast in anything
no gifts, no power, no wisdom
but i will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection]


Father, Loving God,
i trust You.
You have been so good to me.
You have loved me
and given me life.

but sometimes it is so dark.
sometimes the path seems so treacherous.

i want to follow You.
i trust that You are leading me to Your life.
i trust that i am following You.

why do i always feel that i am lost?
why do the roads always look like dead-ends?

where are You taking me?
no, i do not need to know.
only that You have prepared the place.
what should i do?
no, i do not need to know.
only that Your Spirit will guide me.

if i shall fail,
may i not become discouraged.
if i shall be poor,
may i not have regret.
if i shall be a fool,
may i remember the Fool's Death.

[the path to righteousness is narrow,
and few will find it.]

i am not afraid, my Lord.
lead me down the narrow path.

[for God has made low the wisdom of this world.]

i have no strength, my God.
i have no wisdom.
i have no sight.

i have only You, and faith in You.


[Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done.
give us this day our daily bread.

for Thine is the Kingdom
and the power
and the glory
for ever and ever.

Amen.]

No comments:

Post a Comment