Wednesday, March 23, 2011

desire to please.

[my Lord God,

i have no idea where i am going.

i do not see the road ahead of me.

i cannot know for certain where it will end.

nor do I really know myself, and the fact that i think i am following Your will does not mean that i am actually doing so.

but i believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You.

and i hope i have that desire in all that i am doing.

i hope i will never do anything apart from that desire.

and i know that if i do this, You will lead me by the right road, though i may know nothing about it.

therefore will i trust You always, though i may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.

i will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.] -tm

No comments:

Post a Comment