Saturday, March 20, 2010

a conversation.

i am not living if i am not living for You.
     but i do not know what i am doing.
     is that okay?
what do you ask of me?
     i do not know how to pray.
     is it okay if i only seek?
seek and you shall find.
knock and the door shall be opened.
ask and you shall receive.
     where shall i look?
     which door shall i choose?
     i do not know the question.

O God, You are a God of mysteries.
     be mysterious to me, my God, that i might wonder.
O God, You are a God of power.
     overwhelm me.
O God, You are a God of grace and mercy and love.
     penetrate me.

i am not sure, but i believe that i have heard You.
     can i see You?

do my desires please You?

am i faithful?

O God, grant me the desire to know You.
     i need not know anything else.
O God, grant me the faith to seek You.
     i need not know where i am going.
O God, grant me the peace and patience to wait for You.
     i do not need answers or direction.
     i need only to walk with You.


[i believe that i love You.]

No comments:

Post a Comment