Tuesday, May 25, 2010

intention.

sincerity is not simplicity.
sincerity is about self.
simplicity is about Christ.

[He who loves us means by this to leave us room for our own freedom, so that we may dare to choose for ourselves, with no other certainty than that His love will be pleased by our intention to please Him.] - TM

Father, grant me Your peace,
   to walk quietly with You.
i do not know all of the ways in which i have sinned,
   but i ask that You forgive me,
   and lead me aright.
i desire to be faithful, Father.
i desire to be obedient.
i desire to please You.
i do not want to live for this world.
i do not want to be too concerned
   with the matters of this world.
this world is fleeting,
   but Your Kingdom is eternal.
grant that i might live for Your Kingdom.
O Merciful God, i acknowledge my sin,
   that i do not always live for Your will,
   that i do not always surrender myself
      to Your will,
   that i do not always deny myself.
my intention is not always pure,
   my effort not always honest.
and i acknowledge my weaknesses,
   that i am often discouraged,
   that i am often discontent,
   that i often do not persevere.

i say that i can trust You,
   and i believe that i do.
but can i trust myself,
   trust that i am seeking You,
   trust that You are shaping my desires,
   that my desire is to desire what You desire?

is my desire to please You, in fact, pleasing to You?
is Your love pleased by my intention to please You?

Father, i know that my desire is to please You.
i trust that my intention is to please You.

transform me by Your love that i seek.
conform me to Your desires which i seek.
and strengthen me by Your grace
   which i long to embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment