Monday, May 17, 2010

a prayer for simplicity.

Father, i am thankful and even excited to live Your life.
though it scares me from time to time, or more often,
i resign my fears to You.
i resign my uncertainties to You,
to be consumed by Your Certainty.
i resign my helplessness to You,
to be transformed by Your grace,
and to be made by Your faith into strength.
anxiety is the action of a faithless mind,
or heart,
or spirit.
You have given me faith,
and by Your mercy i will not be anxious.
i am content to live this life,
Your life,
whatever it may mean for me,
content to live in small ways,
in small things,
unimpressive to a hungry world,
but pleasing to Your Stillness.
may i be a living sacrifice in all my ways,
holy and pleasing to You.
may i continue to walk by faith,
to find hope in Your kingdom,
to find myself in Your Christ.
amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment