Friday, October 23, 2009

farm.

i would like to have a farm one day.  i would like to live a quiet life, to rise early in the peace of morning and put my hands to work, to let my spirit out to pray, to find myself connected to God in the mysteries of His Creation.  i would like to sow in silence and reap my harvest with adoration and thankfulness.  i would like to be nourished modestly by that which i know intimately, by that which i have thoughtfully considered.  i would like to be surrounded by humble creatures working the modest fields of redemption.  i would like to retire early to a quiet place free from the noise and glow of the technological world, a place wrapped in the warmth and familiarity of a worn body and a waking mind.  i would like my life to be illuminated by the flickering candle of Faith and Hope and Charity, and to give off the sweet aromas of Peace and Joy.

i would also like to be a pilgrim.    

No comments:

Post a Comment