Monday, October 19, 2009

Holy Sadness

these past few days have been heavy with sorrow and sadness.  my heart is tired.  and though i wish that it were not so, i am not discouraged.  i am not frustrated or angry or anxious.  and though each conversation has seemed to take a little more out of me, and even the smallest statements seemed to be arrows at my fragile soul, each has been a blessing of its own.  because with each word has come more poverty of spirit, and i have been left with nothing but to seek the solace of Christ.  and He has gladly welcomed me, and assured me of Faith and Hope and Love.  He has assured me that His kingdom is not of this world, and that He is still choosing the foolish to shame the wise, and that to be His disciple, one must still lose his life and carry His cross. and He is reminding me that to cling to the ways of this world when one has beheld the glory of His life is the greatest folly of all.  

Godly sorrow leads to repentance.  Holy Sadness leads to insurmountable Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment