Friday, December 11, 2009

a prayer for progress.

God of Light, 
     Brightness of Truth,
          Radiance of Hope!

You were waiting for me this morning.
     You are always waiting.
You have been waiting all of this time,
          patiently, faithfully.
     now we stand here in this place,
          in the presence of all of this Beauty,
               and do i look back?
O, for what wretched thing could i be 
          such a fool to look back?
     could what was compare
          to what is or what is to come?
surely You have led me to this place
     and You will lead me on.

Father, grant unto me peace
          and contentment.
grant unto me pure faith,
     that i might trust in this life
         which You have prepared for me.
grant that i might have faith 
     to let go of that which has passed,
          trusting in that which will come.
grant unto me a spirit of thankfulness
               for all relationships,
     that i might be willing to see them go 
                        in their time,
          and that i will trust that You will 
               preserve those which are necessary 
                        for my life.
grant that i might love all men charitably
     and that i might with wisdom
          seek those whom You have brought to
                    special attention.

grant that i might before all things,
          O Most Holy God,
     worship You in the stillness of Eternity.

                                                    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment