Saturday, September 12, 2009

[God has infinite treasures to bestow, and we take up with a little sensible devotion which passes in a moment.  blind as we are, we hinder God and stop the current of His graces.  but when He finds a soul penetrated with a lively faith, He pours into it His graces and flavors plentifully; there they flow like a torrent, which, after being forcibly stopped against is ordinary course, when it has found a passage, spreads itself with impetuosity and abundance.]                                 
                                                                         - brother lawrence



Father, grant me wisdom.  in a world which is never devoted to You, show me how i might be faithful to You and also love those around me.  order my life inwardly, that every moment might be spent with You.  and order my life outwardly, that i might make time often to be alone with You, yet not neglect my earthly responsibilities nor to nurture the relationships that You have given me.  grant unto me, my God, true charity, that my love would always be directed first to You, and then to others and myself as objects of Your love.  and grant unto me faith and peace, that i might trust and expect that You will lead me and show me this way.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment