Thursday, September 10, 2009

thank You.

thank You, Father, for bringing me this far.  i know that You have led me, that You will continue to lead me.  i trust in Your plans, O God, in Your providence,  and in Your will.  to You be all glory and honor and praise forever and ever!

[my Kingdom is not of this world.]  

lead me unto Your truth, O God.

surely You have blessed me, O God, most Loving Father.  surely You have led me here by Your loving hand, according to Your sovereign will. yes, this is good.  You are good.
___________________________________________________

i never knew that is was possible to feel so many things in one day.  but i have never moved to Haiti before.  i am so excited, so thankful, so relieved to be here.  i know that God has great things for us.  and yet it is still a bit frightening, a bit intimidating, a bit anxious.  but i know that God will provide.  He will strengthen me.  

today was a good day.  it was an encouraging day.  and i am in Haiti.  

___________________________________________________

thank You for bringing me here.  i am blessed to enter into this place. this is my sanctuary.  this is my solitude.  this is my desert.  this is my service.  draw me unto You, O God, that i might seek you earnestly, that i might be fixed on You, that i might abide closely with You.  lift my mind to think above the things of this world and to think always of You.  lead my mind to think of Your Kingdom.  lead me into the present reality of Eternal Life, on earth as it is in heaven.  make me into Your humble servant, that daily i might deny myself and take up my cross, to follow the example of my Lord Jesus Christ.  


[give to me, O Lord my God,
   understanding of You,
   diligence in seeking You,
   wisdom in finding You,
   discourse ever pleasing to You,
   perseverance in waiting for You,
   and confidence in finally embracing You.

grant that with Your hardships,
      i may be burdened in reparation here,
   that Your benefits
      i may use in gratitude upon the way,
   that in Your joys
      i may delight by glorifying You
         in the Kingdom of Heaven.

You who live and reign,
   God, world without end.

                              Amen.                                ]

-St. Thomas Aquinas

1 comment:

  1. i am praying that He uses you exactly as He wills.
    that He continues to renew you.
    that you are blessed with peace
    and contentedness.

    i miss you already, friend,
    but i am so thankful you are there.

    ReplyDelete