Wednesday, November 11, 2009

an evening prayer.

Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done,
       on earth as it is in Heaven.

grant unto me, my God, a sober mind, 
     that i might see myself as i truly am, with humility.
grant unto me true faith,
     that i might see You as You truly are.
grant unto me a clear perspective,
     that i might see the world as it truly is.
grant unto me a prophetic vision,
     that i might see Your Kingdom on earth
               as it is in Heaven.  

grant that i may understand 
     the physical realities of life on earth,
     the mystical realities of the Kingdom of Heaven, 
     the collision of the two as Redemption is brought unto completion.  

be still and know that I am God

grant unto me, my God, that stillness, that silence,
     which trusts in You,
     which waits for You,
     which watches and listens for You.
grant unto me that humility
     which, like Christ, allows me to be still;
     which, like Christ, allows me to remain silent.
grant unto me that faith 
     which allows humility, stillness, and silence
               because it trusts firmly in Your truth, and in Your laws.
     that faith which leads me 
               to live by Your order,
               to trust in the reality of the Kingdom of Heaven:

     blessed are the poor . . . 

     the first shall be last
          and the last shall be first . . . 

     whoever loses his life shall find it . . . 

     whoever humbles himself shall be exalted . . .  

     the foolish things of this world shall confound the wise, 
          and the weak shall confound the mighty . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment