Tuesday, November 3, 2009

send out Thy light and Thy truth, that they may lead me, and bring me unto Thy holy hill, and to Thy dwelling.    - psalm 43:3

Most Merciful God,
i confess that i have sinned against You
in thought, word, and deed, 
by what i have done,
and by what i have left undone.
i have not loved You with my whole heart;
i have not loved my neighbors as myself.
i am truly sorry and i humbly repent.
for the sake of Your Son Jesus Christ,
have mercy on me and forgive me;
that i may delight in Your  will,
and walk in Your ways,
to the glory of Your name.  Amen.

[ i have had a lot of time to think since i came here.  and i have thought more than usual about my past during these past few days.  being here, in a place where all that i knew of myself, the self that i had so painstakingly created, means very little, helps me get by very little, and having left the world that i had so earnestly sought to live in, has led me to reflect greatly on my life, and on parts of it that had been entirely untouched.  it feels as though recently i have given thought to just about anything and everything that i can remember.   i have reflected on most of the major relationships in my life over the past seven or eight years:  people that i have lived with, people that i have worked with, dating relationships, close friendships, family relationships . . .  there are far more than i realized.  and that reflection has led me to reflect on the vast sin in my life, as i have sinned against so many because of my pride, my arrogance, my rebellion and my disobedience.  i have realized that my sin has been not only against men, but it has been foremost against God.  i have not loved men with that Saintly Charity because i have not first loved God.  and i have not first loved God  because i have not first accepted His Love.  and thus i have sinned against Him, my Lord, my King, my Father, who has shown me such rich spiritual blessing.  but i have not trusted Him, have not fallen at His feet but have stood strong in my own confidence, have made my own way, have tried, in vain, to reach the kingdom of my own creation.  but it has all crumbled.  i feel now as if the weight of my sin has been piled on top of me.  but surely, as He has felled my castle and buried me in its rubble, He has begun thus to dig me out, to save me from its demise.  surely as its walls began to crumble, yea, i had already begun to see light. ]

Almighty God, have mercy on me, forgive me all my sins through my Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen me in all goodness, and by the power of Thy Holy Spirit keep me in eternal life.     Amen.

worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness:
come let us adore Him.

have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy lovingkindness: according to the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.  wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.  for i acknowledge me transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.  against Thee, Thee only, have i sinned, and done this evil in Thy sight . . .  make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice . . .  create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.  cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy Holy Spirit form me.  restore to me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free Spirit . . .  O Lord, open Thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth Thy praise.  the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:  a broken and contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.    - psalm 51

the Lord is glorious in His saints:
come let us adore Him.

hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. from the end of the earth 
will i cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock 
that is higher than i . . . O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve[me]. - psalm 61:1,2,7

truly my soul waiteth upon God: from Him cometh my salvation . . .  my 
soul, wait thou only upon God; for me expectation is from Him.  
- psalm 62:1,5

O God, Thou art my God; early will i seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for 
Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no 
water is; to see Thy power and Thy glory, so as i have seen Thee in the 
sanctuary. - psalm 63:1,2


1 comment:

  1. Your confession is one of a cleansing repentance, and it will lead to godliness, purity, and an awareness of the voice of God in His word that will fortify your soul and prepare you to bear much fruit. Prepare to be showered with grace, and to find new fellowship in sharing in his sufferings (Phil 3). I am humbled to serve in the kingdom with you, and would wash your feet anyday. Pray that the Lord would grant me the same gift of repentance in my own heart.

    EJB

    ReplyDelete